Born and brought up in Evanston, Wyoming, Dana Perino, or Dana Marie Perino, is widely known as the 26th White House Press Secretary. She served in the position under President George W. Bush from 14 September 2007 to 20 January 2009.
She is the second female White House Press Secretary who served during the Clinton Administration, after Dee Myers. Besides that, she is also an American political commentator and author and has her podcast, “Perino & Stirewalt: I’ll Tell You What.”
She also worked as a political commentator for Fox News and co-hosted the network’s talk show The Five. Over time, she has been appointed to various prestigious positions and served the country.
This has also helped her generate colossal revenue, and as a result, her net worth is in the millions today. Today, she lives with her husband in New York, USA, and is an avid dog-lover. Read the article to learn more about her.Wikipedia.org
|Real Name||Dana Marie Perino|
|Known as||Dana Perino|
|Profession||American political commentator and author|
|Date of Birth||9 May 1972|
|Age (as of 2023)||51 Years|
|Ethinicity||Lebanese White American|
|School||Ponderosa High School|
|College/University||Colorado State University-Pueblo|
|Education & Degree||Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications
Minors in both Political Science and Spanish
|Pet||Dana Perino is also known for her pet dog, Jasper, but unfortunately, Jasper died in September 2021, and later, they adopted another Vizsla named Percy.|
|Height (approx.)||5' 1" (1.55 m)|
|Weight (approx.)||55kg / 121 lbs|
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Husband||Peter McMahon [m. 1998]
|Love Story||Dana Perino met her husband Peter McMahon in 1997 on a flight from Denver to Chicago. They felt an instant connection. After just that initial encounter, Peter later asked Dana out to a theater date in New Orleans where he proposed. They married a year later in 1998 and have been happily married since, though they don't have any children.|
|Parents||Father- Leo Perino
Mother- Janice "Jan" Perino
|Sibling||Sister- Angie Perino [younger]
Brother- Name Not Known
|Net Worth [approx.]||$14 million|
|Apartment||She lives in a 11,500-square-foot apartment, which is located in New York, USA. Sources say that she bought this apartment for approximately 16 million dollars.Vizaca|
- Worked as a press secretary for Rep. Scott McInnis (R-CO) in the late 1990s
- Served as spokesperson for the Department of Justice from 2001-2002
- Was Associate Director of Communications for the White House Council on Environmental Quality in 2002
- Became White House Deputy Press Secretary in 2005, serving for two years
- Was Acting White House Press Secretary from March to April 2007 when Tony Snow underwent cancer treatment
- Appointed by President Bush as White House Press Secretary in 2007, replacing Tony Snow
- Served as White House Press Secretary from 2007 to the end of the Bush administration in 2009
- After the White House, became a political commentator for Fox News
- Is a regular co-host of The Five talk show on Fox News
- Other roles include co-hosting podcast with Chris Stirewalt, hosting The Daily Briefing, and co-anchoring America’s Newsroom
She often appeared on Fox News with her bodyguard Tyrus.
We Found Some Facts about Dana Perino
- Dana got hit in the face by the steel arm of a boom microphone during a press conference. This resulted in her having a black eye for the last 6 weeks of the Bush administration. She joked that she looked like she had been in a bar fight.
- Dana developed a close bond with President Bush, sharing stories like having peanut butter and honey sandwiches on Marine One and inviting her estranged father to dinner at the White House. Bush helped reconnect Dana and her dad during this visit.
- In her book “Everything Will Be Okay,” Dana Perino provides extensive advice and mentorship specifically aimed at young women who are navigating their early careers, struggling with work-life balance, and facing various challenges in their personal lives. The book covers topics ranging from standing up for one’s values to dressing professionally in the workplace.
- To manage anxiety, Dana regularly practices exercises like reciting the Serenity Prayer and writing down all her worries, then categorizing which ones she can control versus not control. This helps her focus on actionable plans.
- She believes completely stepping away from social media, even temporarily, can help improve one’s career by reducing anxiety and distraction.
- Dana accidentally made a funny on-air comment about an alligator incident, worried she’d be fired, but her Fox News bosses forgave her mistake.
Sources of the Facts: YouTube Interviews