George Murdoch, popularly known by his ring name Tyrus, is a professional wrestler, author, television personality, commentator, and actor. He has made a name for himself in the wrestling industry with his great character and impressive strength.
Tyrus has worked with WWE, Impact Wrestling, and NWA. He has appeared on various television shows and media platforms, making him a household name in America. Keep reading to learn more about his Personal Life, TV Career, Salary, and more.
- Real Name- George T. Murdoch
- Nick Name- Tyrus, Brodus Clay, G-Rilla, Monstrous BC, The Funkasaurus, The Mastodon of Mayhem, The Super Sexy Suplex Machine, Tyrus Smash
- Hometown- Boston, Massachusett, USA
- Birth Date- 21 February 1973
- Age [as of 2023]– 50 Years
- Height- 6′ 7″ (2.01 m)
- Weight- 170 kg / 375 lbs
- Nationality- American
- Ethnicity- Biracial
Early Life & Background
Tyrus was born in 1973 in Boston, Massachusetts, to biracial parents who separated when he was young. With his black father only 19 and his white mother just 15 at the time of his birth, Tyrus spent much of his childhood being raised by a foster family due to parental separation. He has one younger brother.
After graduating from Quartz Hill High School in Los Angeles County in 1990, Tyrus attended Antelope Valley College in Lancaster, California. He went on to the University of Nebraska at Kearney, graduating with a degree in Education.
Though he excelled at football in school, his playing career was cut short by surgery that left him with a permanent limp in one leg. Despite family instability and athletic challenges growing up, Tyrus persevered in his education.
Career in Wrestling
- Began in WWE in 2006 as G-Rilla in developmental territory FCW left in 2008
- Returned to WWE and FCW in 2010, changed ring name to Brodus Clay
- Debuted on WWE NXT in 2010 and became The Funkasaurus in 2012
- Had a 23-match winning streak broken by Big Show in WWE SmackDown
- Left WWE in 2014 and joined Impact Wrestling as Tyrus
- Held Impact World Tag Team Championship once during Impact Wrestling run
- Worked independent circuit from 2018-2021 after leaving Impact
- Joined NWA in 2021 and quickly became a regular
- Won NWA World Championship in 2021 after defeating Trevor Murdoch
- Key highlights are his winning streak and titles in WWE, Impact/TNA, and NWA
Career as a News Commentator
In 2016, George Murdoch, better known as Tyrus in the wrestling world, joined Fox News Channel as a commentator and on-air personality. He began making regular appearances on various Fox News shows, including The Greg Gutfeld Show, The Five, The Daily Briefing, Un-Pc, and Nuff Said.
Tyrus was often brought on as a guest commentator, appearing alongside famous Fox News hosts like Dana Perino and Katherine Timpf. His transition from professional wrestling to political punditry on a major cable news network allowed Tyrus to expand his reach and brand as an entertainer and public figure.
Films and TV Shows
Apart from wrestling, Tyrus was also made into acting in films and TV shows. He has been a regular and popular panelist in Greg Gutfield’s show. He has also appeared in other TV shows such as Glow, Preacher, Syn, Macgyver, Love, The Purge, Nuff Said, etc.
Accomplishments and Awards
Here’s a list of some of Tyrus’ notable accomplishments and awards in his professional wrestling career:
|NWA World’s Heavyweight Championship||National Wrestling Alliance||2022(Current)|
|NWA World Television Championship||National Wrestling Alliance||2021|
|PPW Heavyweight Championship||Pennsylvania Premiere Wrestling||2016|
|Ranked No. 74 of the PWI 500||Pro Wrestling Illustrated||2012, 2013|
|Bound for Gold||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling||2015|
|Best Dancer of the Year||WWE Slammy Award||2012|
Personal Life & Relationship
- His current girlfriend is Ingrid Rinck, whom he started dating in 2012. They have a daughter together named Georgia Murdoch, born in 2014.
- Tyrus has not publicly disclosed information about his first wife.
- His daughter Georgia is 9 years old as of 2023. She lives with her mother, Ingrid, and her two half-brothers, Rhett and Rock.
- His current girlfriend, Ingrid Rinck, is the first significant relationship he has made public.
In 2019, Britt McHenry, his co-host of the show “Un-PC,” accused George Murdoch of sexual harassment. Fox News investigated the matter and resolved it. Later in 2019, McHenry filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Fox News and Murdoch. She voluntarily dismissed the lawsuit in 2021 as part of the out-of-court settlement.
Greg Gutfeld & Tyrus
George Murdoch (Tyrus) is a regular guest on Greg Gutfeld’s show “The Greg Gutfeld Show” on Fox News. Tyrus is a guest commentator and political analyst and has been a regular panelist on the show since 2016. He and Greg Gutfeld have a friendly on-air chemistry.
Tyrus as Bodyguard
Tyrus worked as a bodyguard for American Rapper “Snoop Dogg.” The real name of Snoop Dogg is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. Later in his career, Tyrus used Broadus as his ring.
Tyrus is now working as the bodyguard of Dana Perino; he often appears on Fox News.
Read More: Emily Compagno