Simone Biles is an artistic gymnast from the United States most recognized for winning an individual gold medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
She is a talented artistic gymnast specializing in all-around, platform, and vault competitions. For numerous years, Simone Biles has always been a champion of the world across all three events.
She is perhaps the most decorated American gymnast, having won 19 Olympic and World Championship medals. Simone holds the record for the most Olympic gold medals achieved by an American woman in a single Game.
She is now the sixth woman to earn an Olympic medal and even a World Championship medal in the same year.Wikipedia
|Real Name||Simone Biles|
|Full Name||Simone Arianne Biles|
|Date of Birth||14 March, 1997|
|Age (as in 2023)||26 years|
|Collage/University||University of People|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Travelling|
|Head Coach||Laurent Landi|
|Former Coach||Aimee Boorman|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 142 cm
in meters- 1.42 m
in feet inches- 4'8"
|Weight||in kilograms- 47 kg
in pounds- 103 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||5 (U.S.)|
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Parents||Father- Kelvin Biles
Mother- Shanon Biles
|Siblings||Sisters- Ashle Biles, Tevin Biles, Adira Biles|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$4 million USD|
Simone Biles Family
Simone Biles is the third of four siblings: Ashle Biles, Tevin Biles, and Adira Biles. She is the daughter of Kelvin Biles and Shanon Biles.
Shannon Biles’ mother was helpless to look for Simone and her three siblings when her father moved out. As a result, Simone and her siblings were placed in foster care.
As a result, her grandfather Ron Biles and his second wife, Nellie Cayetano Biles, adopted Biles and her younger sister, Adria, in 2013. Similarly, Ron Biles’ sister adopted Biles’ older brother and sister.
Biles is of African American ethnicity and possesses American nationality. Similarly, her mother is now a Belizean citizen and considers Belize her primary residence. Biles is a devout follower of the Catholic faith.
Biles’ parents decided to homeschool her to expand her gymnastics practice to 20 to 32 hours weekly. For this reason, Biles completed her secondary education as just a homeschooler in 2015 and graduated.
Biles also joined the University of People, an online college, and is now a marketing ambassador. Through this, Biles earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Relationship, Boyfriend & Affairs
In terms of her relationship, Simone Biles was in a relationship with Stacey Erwin, a fellow gymnast, in 2017.
After three years of dating, the relationship didn’t work out, and they terminated their affair in March 2020. Simone announced the split in July.
Simone is now in a relationship with NFL player Jonathan Owens, whom she announced on Instagram on August 2, 2020. However, her boyfriend, who is a safety for the Houston Texans and a prior player for such Arizona Cardinals, is a previous player for such Cardinals.
Similarly, the two have also been connected and regularly share a couple of photos on social media. They still had no intentions of marriage anytime shortly because they are both youngsters and continue pursuing their careers.
Apart from that, Simone is often a dog lover. Lilo and Rambo, her two French bulldogs, have their own Instagram account, The Biles Frenchies, where Biles publishes cute images of the dogs daily.
Simone Biles’s Career
- Simone’s career as a gymnast began when she attempted gymnastics for the first time at the age of six on fieldwork with her daycare classmates. She wowed her coaches, who encouraged her to persist with gymnastics in the future.
- She soon enrolled in a training program at ‘Bannon’s Gymnastix‘ and started formal training alongside Aimee Boorman, her trainer.
- In 2011, she competed in the American Classic in Houston, which marked her legal career. She finished third overall, including first-place finishes on vaults and half-beam. She competed in the USA Classic later that year in Chicago, Illinois, and finished 20th overall.
- Her achievement in 2012 inspired her to focus more on her gymnastics career. She dropped out of public school and began homeschooling, giving her approximately two hours of extra daily practice.
- She finished first all-around in the 2012 American Classic in Huntsville, Texas, excelling again at the vault. She also finished first at the U.S. Classic in Chicago, earning her a spot in the National Championship.
- In 2012, she finished the third total in the National Championship, taking first in the vault for the second year. As a result, she was quickly selected for the Junior National Team.
- She and partner Katelyn Ohashi made their senior international debuts after Elizabeth Price and Kyla Ross withdrew from the 2013 American Cup due to injury problems.
- She won first place in the 2013 City of Jesolo Trophy in Jesolo, Italy.
- She earned the all-around champion title throughout the 2013 National Championships, beating out Kyla Ross, the former medallist. She additionally took silver in each of the four competitions. Due to this, she earned a spot on the Senior National Team and the World Championship Group.
- She achieved the Women’s All-Round Championship at the World Artistic Gymnastics Champions in Belgium.
- After missing several contests at the start of the year owing to a shoulder issue, she duplicated her success by winning gold at the 2014 Gymnastics National Championship.
- At the 2014 World Artistic Gymnastics Championship in Nanning, China, she firmly reclaimed her title as World Champion.
- She was ranked first in its 2015 AT & T American Cup with a record of 62.2999, with 4.467 points clear of a silver medalist. She also received the 2015 City of Jesolo Trophy the same month.
- She declared her professional debut on July 29, 2015, and signed with Octagon. She became the second woman in history to win three all-around national titles.
- After winning the 2015 Artistic Gymnastics Championship, she has become the first woman to win three straight global championships.
- On November 11, 2015, Nike, a multi-national sporting goods company, joined her as an advertiser.
- She won the Pacific Rim Championships and the National Championship in 2016 by a large margin in the all-around competition. On July 10, she was named to the Olympic team.
- She earned her 1st gold medal in the 2016 Olympics in the team competition on August 9, and On August 11, she won the all-around gold in the solo event. With a total of 15.966, she won her second gold in the women’s vault. In the floor event, she had the same score and also won gold there. She also won a bronze medal on the balancing beam.
- In Tokyo Summer Olympics 2020, she got the 3rd position in the Women’s Balance Beam and was honored with Bronze Medal.
Her medical information was leaked in 2016 following the hacking of the World Anti-Doping Agency by the Russian cyber-espionage outfit Fancy Bear.
She revealed that she has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) on Twitter. She was given Therapeutic Use Exemption and allowed to receive therapy for the very same.
Simone’s instructor had never previously coached an elite gymnast, and she believes that her coach’s lack of expertise aided them in discovering and acquiring new approaches.
Simone considers Aimee Boorman to be her second mother. According to Simone, Aimee can sense her thoughts and emotions, and their friendship has helped her throughout her lifetime.
Zac Efron and Taylor Swift are two of her favorite actors and singers.
Simone Biles’s Salary and Net Worth
Simone Biles’ net worth is estimated to be $6 million as of 2022. Biles’ constant achievement and the extraordinary sum of medals also drew media attention to the youthful gymnast, increasing her brand recognition.
Furthermore, she had already amassed a fortune of roughly $2 million before competing in the Olympics.
Biles earned four gold medals and one bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics, with a cash reward of $25,000 for gold, $15,000 for silver, and $10,000 for bronze.
Biles is among the wealthiest gymnasts, and her brand deals with Nike, Kelloggs, Procter & Gamble, United Airlines, Beats By Dr. Dre, and Hershey and has paid out handsomely.
Interesting Facts about Simone Biles
- Simone’s footage of her escaping from a bee on the podium of the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships medal ceremony went viral.
- She has been the shortest gymnast in the United States.
- She created the technique of two backflips followed by a half twist in a lying down or straight body stance.
Linda Brown is the Author & Editor of this Blog. She is a fashion designer, a Dog lover, and a proud mother of two kids. Linda is a fan of Movies, TV Shows, Theaters, and Books by almost every author. Her Favourite hobby is listening to retro and suspense stories. Read more about her >>