Simone Biles is an artistic gymnast from the United States who is most recognized for winning an individual gold medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. She is a talented artistic gymnast who specializes in all-around, platform, and vault competitions. For numerous years, Simone Biles has always been a champion of the world across all three events.
She is perhaps the most decorated American gymnast, having won 19 Olympic and World Championship medals in total. Simone holds the record for the most Olympic gold medals achieved by an American woman in a single Game. She is now the sixth woman to earn an Olympic medal and even a World Championship medal in the same year.
|Real Name||Simone Biles|
|Full Name||Simone Arianne Biles|
|Date of Birth||14 March, 1997|
|Age (as in 2021)||24 years|
|Collage/University||University of People|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Travelling|
|Head Coach||Laurent Landi|
|Former Coach||Aimee Boorman|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 142 cm
in meters- 1.42 m
in feet inches- 4'8"
|Weight||in kilograms- 47 kg
in pounds- 103 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||5 (U.S.)|
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Parents||Father- Kelvin Biles
Mother- Shanon Biles
|Siblings||Sisters- Ashle Biles, Tevin Biles, Adira Biles|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$4 million USD|
Shanon Biles gave birth to Simone on March 14, 1997, in Columbus, Ohio. Kelvin Clemons was Simone’s father. He would never be a part of daily life, though, because he fought with drugs and abandoned his family. Shanon, Simone’s mother, was indeed a drug and alcohol addict as well. She also did not play a substantial role in her child’s upbringing.
Simone is the youngest of four siblings, including Ashley, Tevin, and Adria. Adria Biles is often a gymnast as well. Her grandfather, Ron Biles (Shanon’s father), with his wife, Nellie Cayetano Biles, raised Simone. Ron worked as an air traffic controller in the past. Nellie is a nurse and the previous co-owner of a nursing care network in the United States.
Simone Biles Nationality and Family
Simone Biles is the third of four siblings: Ashle Biles, Tevin Biles, and Adira Biles. She is the daughter of Kelvin Biles and Shanon Biles.
Shannon Biles’ mother was helpless to look for Simone and her three siblings when her father moved out. As a result, Simone and her siblings were placed in foster care.
As a result, her grandfather Ron Biles and his second wife, Nellie Cayetano Biles, adopted Biles and her younger sister, Adria, in 2013. Similarly, Ron Biles’ sister adopted Biles’ older brother and sister.
Biles is of African American ethnicity and possesses American nationality. Similarly, she is now a Belizean citizen from her mother and considers Belize her primary residence. Biles is a devout follower of the Catholic faith.
Simone is a young and promising woman who is currently 23 years old (as of 2021). Biles is a Pisces, as per horoscopes. And, based on what we know, those born under this sign were renowned for being distinctive, enthusiastic, and sensitive.
Biles’ parents decided to homeschool her to expand her gymnastics practice for between 20 to 32 hours each week. As a reason, Biles completed her secondary education as just a homeschooler in 2015 and graduated.
Biles also joined the University of People, an online college, and is now a marketing ambassador. Through this, Biles earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Relationship, Boyfriend & Affairs
In terms of her relationship, Simone Biles had been in a relationship with Stacey Erwin, a fellow gymnast, in 2017.
After three years of dating, the relationship didn’t work out, and they terminated their affair in March 2020. Simone announced the split in July.
Simone is now in a relationship with NFL player, Jonathan Owens, whom she announced on Instagram on August 2, 2020. However, her boyfriend, who is a safety for the Houston Texans and a prior player for such Arizona Cardinals, is a previous player for such Cardinals.
Similarly, the two have also been connected and regularly share a couple of photos on social media. They still had no intentions of marriage anytime shortly because they are both youngsters and continue pursuing their careers.
Apart from that, Simone is often a dog lover. Lilo and Rambo, her two French bulldogs, have their own Instagram account, The Biles Frenchies, where Biles publishes cute images of the dogs daily.
- Simone’s career as a gymnast began when she attempted gymnastics for the first time at the age of six on fieldwork with her daycare classmates. She wowed her coaches, who encouraged her to persist with gymnastics in the future.
- She soon enrolled in a training programme at ‘Bannon’s Gymnastix‘ and started formal training alongside Aimee Boorman, her trainer.
- In 2011, she competed in the American Classic in Houston, which marked her legal career. She finished third overall, including first-place finishes on vaults and half beam. She competed in the USA Classic later that year in Chicago, Illinois, and finished 20th overall.
- Her achievement in 2012 inspired her to focus more on her gymnastics career. To do so, she dropped out of public school and began homeschooling, giving her approximately two hours extra practice per day.
- She finished first all-around in the 2012 American Classic in Huntsville, Texas, excelling again at the vault. She also finished first at the U.S. Classic in Chicago, earning her a spot in the National Championship.
- In 2012, she finished third total in the National Championship, taking first in the vault for the second year in a row. As a result, she was quickly selected for the Junior National Team.
- She and partner Katelyn Ohashi made their senior international debuts after Elizabeth Price and Kyla Ross withdrew from the 2013 American Cup due to injury problems.
- In Jesolo, Italy, she won first place in the 2013 City of Jesolo Trophy.
- She earned the all-around champion title throughout the 2013 National Championships, beating out Kyla Ross, the former medallist. She additionally took silver in each of the four competitions. She earned a spot on the Senior National Team and the World Championship Group due to this.
- At the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Belgium, she achieved the Women’s All-Round Championship.
- After missing several contests at the start of the year owing to a shoulder issue, she duplicated her success by winning gold at the 2014 Gymnastics National Championship.
- At the 2014 World Artistic Gymnastics Championship in Nanning, China, she firmly reclaimed her title as World Champion.
- She was ranked first in its 2015 AT & T American Cup with a record of 62.2999, with 4.467 points clear of a silver medalist. She also received the 2015 City of Jesolo Trophy in the very same month.
- She declared her professional debut on July 29, 2015, and signed with Octagon. She became only the second woman in history to win three all-around national titles.
- After winning the 2015 Artistic Gymnastics Championship, she has become the first woman to win three straight global championships.
- On November 11, 2015, Nike, a multi-national sporting goods company, joined her as an advertiser.
- She won the Pacific Rim Championships and the National Championship in 2016 by a large margin in the all-around competition. On July 10, she was named to the Olympic team.
- She earned her 1st gold medal in the 2016 Olympics within team competition on August 9, and On August 11, she won the all-around gold in the solo event. With a total of 15.966, she won her second gold in the women’s vault. In the floor event, she had the same score and won gold there as well. She also won a bronze medal on the balancing beam.
- In Tokyo Summer Olympic 2020 she got the 3rd positon in Women’s Balance Beam and honoured by Bronze Medal.
Honours & Achievements
- The Women’s Sports Foundation named her “Sportswoman of the Year” in 2014 and 2016, and she was named one of ESPNW’s top 25 women in 2016.
- In 2015, she was nominated for the James E. Sullivan Award.
- In 2015, she was named Team USA’s Female Olympic Athlete of the Year.
- In 2016, she was named one of the BBC’s 100 Women. In that year, she was a finalist for TIME Magazine’s Person of the Year.
- In 2016, she was nominated for the ESPY award for Best Female Athlete.
- She holds the Olympic record for the most gold medals won by a female gymnast in a single Tournament.
- She is only the fourth woman in Olympic history to win all major championships in the same cycle.
- She is only the second gymnast in history to win both the team and individual gold in the same Games.
- At the closing ceremony, she was the flag bearer for the USA nation. She was the first female gymnast from the United States to achieve this accolade.
- In the 2013 World Championships in Antwerp, she won gold in all-around and floor, silver in vault, and bronze in balancing beam.
- In the 2014 Nanning World Championships, she achieved the team gold, gold medals in all-around, balancing beam, and floor, as well as a silver medal in the vault.
- She won gold in group, all-around, balancing beam, and floor at the 2015 World Championships in Glasgow and a bronze in the vault.
- She won gold medals, all-around, vault, and floor events at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. She also took home a bronze medal on the balancing beam.
- Within the 2016 Everett Pacific Rim Championship, she won both team and individual gold.
- In Season 24 of ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ she was one contestant partnered with Sasha Farber. She came in fourth place in the tournament.
- In 2020 Tokyo Olympic she archived 3rd position and got Bronze Medal.
Her medical information was leaked in 2016, following the hacking of the World Anti-Doping Agency by the Russian cyber-espionage outfit Fancy Bear.
She revealed that she has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) on Twitter. She was given Therapeutic Use Exemption and allowed to receive therapy for the very same.
Simone’s instructor had never previously coached an elite gymnast, and she believes that her coach’s lack of expertise aided them in discovering and acquiring new approaches.
Simone considers Aimee Boorman to be her second mother. According to Simone, Aimee can sense her thoughts and emotions, and their friendship has aided her in her lifetime.
Zac Efron and Taylor Swift are two of her favorite actors and singers.
Simone Biles’s Salary and Net Worth
Simone Biles’ net worth is estimated to be $4 million as of 2021. Biles’ constant achievement and the extraordinary sum of medals also drew media attention to the youthful gymnast, increasing her brand recognition.
Furthermore, she had already amassed a fortune of roughly $2 million before competing throughout the Olympics.
Biles earned four gold medals and one bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics, with a cash reward of $25,000 for gold, $15,000 for silver, and $10,000 for bronze.
She has also won roughly 19 Olympic and World Championships and a sizable sum in monetary prizes and other achievements.
Not to add that she earns $316,000.00 per year from her income alone, which equates to $26,333.33 each month.
Biles is among the wealthiest gymnasts, and her brand deals with Nike, Kelloggs, Procter & Gamble, United Airlines, Beats By Dr. Dre, and Hershey has paid out handsomely.
In 2015, she teamed up with G.K. Elite Sportswear to develop her collection of exclusively branded leotards. She has indeed turned her life around due to her outstanding career, and she is deserving of every penny for her efforts.
Interesting Facts about Simone Biles
- Simone’s footage of her escaping from a bee on the podium of the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships medal ceremony went viral.
- She does have a $4 million net worth. She has been the shortest gymnast in the United States.
- She created the technique that consists of two backflips followed by a half twist in a lying down or straight body stance.