[Image Source: Rick Wilson’s Instagram]
Fredrick George Rick Wilson, who is notably known for his work on Broad Ambition (2021), CNN Newsroom (1989), and The Daily Show (1996), was born on November 21, 1963, in Tampa, Florida, USA.
During the 2016 United States presidential elections, Wilson was a frequent guest on the political panel shows, where he condemned Donald Trump and his ardent supporters.
Then, he even became a strategist for the Evan McMullin presidential campaign.
And since Donald Trump was elected as the President of the United States, he has continued to be a critic. In 2018, Wilson released his bestselling work Everything Trump Touches Dies.
|Real Name||Frederick George Wilson|
|Profession||American Political Strategist, Author, and Media Consultant|
|Date of Birth||21 November 1963|
|Age [as of 2023]||59 years|
|Current Residence||Tallahassee, Florida, USA|
|College/University||George Washington University|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5'9"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 72 kg
in pounds- 158 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light brown|
|Political Party||• Republican (before 2017)
• Independent (2017 - present)
|Columnist and Author||• Worked as a columnist in The Daily Beast
• The Politico
• The Federalist and the Ricochet
|Awards & Achievements||Everything Trump touches dies: A Republican Strategist Gets Real about the Worst President Ever, in 2018.
Running Against the Devil: A Plot to Save America from Trump and Democrats from Themselves, in 2020
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Parents||Father- Mr. Wilson
Mother- Mrs. Wilson
|Siblings||Sister- Petra Hardecka|
|Net Worth [approx.]||$3 million|
Frederick George Wilson was born on the 21st of November 1963 in Tampa, Florida. His father was an accountant, and his mother a housewife; nothing else is known.
All we know is that according to Wilson himself, his parents were first “liberal democrats” and later transformed into Republicans.
Rick completed his BA from George Washington University and has British-Scottish-Irish Ancestry. He is an author, political strategist, and media consultant who has been active since 1988.
As per education is concerned, we know that Wilson has completed his Bachelor of Arts from George Washington University.
Wilson entered the political arena in 1988 as a political strategist, he campaigned for Connie Mack during the Florida Senate Election, where Mack came out victorious with 50.4% votes.
Next, he served George H. W. Bush’s campaign as Florida Field Director. Wilson was also appointed as a presidential appointee to the Department of Defense under the then-secretary of Defense Dick Cheney.
In 2000, he then campaigned for Giuliani for the 2000 New York Senate election. After the 2016 United States presidential election, he left the Republican Party.
Then in late 2019, he co-founded a project named The Lincoln Project, a Super PAC organized by then-current and former Republicans who opposed and worked to prevent the re-election of Donald Trump in the 2020 United States Presidential Election.
In 1994, he stepped into media consultancy by joining the Florida Media Firm.
In 1997, he created certain ads for Rudolph Giuliani for New York City mayoral elections. These ads later won the Pollie Awards.
As a columnist, Wilson works majorly included in the columns of The Daily Beast, The Politico, the Federalist, and Ricochet.
After the election of Donald Trump as the President of the United States, he introduced himself as a critic. In 2018, he published his first book “Everything Trump Touches Dies.”
Two years later, in 2020, he published another book, “Running Against the Devil.”
Relationship, Wife, and Affairs
He is married to Molly Wilson and resides in Tallahassee, Florida. Together, the couple has two children. His son is Andrew, and his daughter’s name is Emma.
It is estimated that he made a hefty sum of $3 million throughout his career. As a political strategist, he earns around $30k to $101k. Meanwhile, as an author, he earns $24k to $103k. And if we go to his profession as a media consultant, he earns in a range of $36k to $154k.
Interesting Facts about Rick Wilson
- In 2012, Wilson posted a post on Instagram that caused the public to backslash as it promoted racism. The post was an image of a cooler decorated with a Confederate flag and said, “The South shall Rise Again.” Though he immediately deleted it, it again faced certain criticism in 2020.
- He played a significant role during the 2002 senate election in Georgia, where he made an ad objecting to the patriotism of Democratic party Senator Max Cleland.
- Rick Wilson is the co-founder of The Lincoln Project.
- He mocked Donald Trump during the state secretary’s discussion with an NPR reporter.
- Rick even holds an active Twitter account with around 1.5 million followers. As for other social handles like Facebook and Instagram, he is not so active.
- His first book, Everything Trump Touches Dies, reached the number one spot on the New York Times nonfiction bestseller list for a week.
- His articles have also been published in reputed media outlets like the Washington Post, Politico, The Hill, The London Spectator, Rolling Stone, The New York Daily News, USA Today, and The Bulwark.
- He worked for media consultants like CNN and MSNBC.
- He even appeared several times in the show Real Time with Bill Maher.
Read More: Richard Paul Evans