Sandra Lynn Brown (born March 12, 1948) is a bestselling author of romance and suspense novels. Brown’s works have also been published under the aliases Rachel Ryan, Laura Jordan, and Erin St. Claire. She is also included in the Elite List of notable Americans born in the United States.
|Real Name||Sandra Lynn Brown|
|Genre||Romance, Suspense, Thriller|
|Date of Birth||12 March, 1948|
|Age [as of 2023]||74 Years|
|Birthplace||Waco, Texas, United States|
|Hometown||Waco, Texas, United States|
|Current Residence||Arlington, Texas|
|Collage/University||Texas Christian University, Oklahoma State University, and the University of Texas at Arlington|
|Hobbies||Reading, Movies, Travel and Hosting get-togethers|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet inches- 5'1"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 59 kg
in pounds- 130 lbs
|Debut||Love's Encore |
|Awards||• American Business Women's Association's Distinguished Circle of Success
• A.C. Greene Award
• Romance Writers of America's Lifetime Achievement Award
• International Thriller Writers Award, "Thrillermaster", 2008
|Her Books In Order||Check Here|
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Husband||Robert Michael Brown (m. 1968)|
|Parents||Father- Jimmie Brown (Journalist)
Mother- Martha Cox (Counselor)
|Children||Son- Ryan Brown
Daughther- Rachel Brown
|Grandchild||Grandson- Dylan Rafferty Brown|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1 to $5 million|
Sandra Brown has become one of the most prolific and successful authors of our time since embarking on her writing journey back in 1981 after being challenged by her husband to do so. Since those early days, Brown has penned around 70 novels, with a remarkable 50-plus of them reaching New York Times bestseller status.
Her alma mater, TCU, recognized her talent by awarding Brown an honorary doctorate in 2008. A number of her wildly popular books, like “French Silk” and “White Hot,” have even been adapted for television and film over the years.
Brown has contributed her expertise to TV projects about real-life crimes, released major new titles like 2017’s Seeing Red, and consistently lands her latest works on the bestseller charts, with her 2018 novel “Tailspin” hitting #7.
Through her tireless work ethic and undeniable gift for storytelling, Brown has more than risen to her husband’s challenge and cemented her status as a heavyweight in the publishing world.
Interesting Facts about Sandra Brown
- She emphasizes being an avid reader first before becoming a writer, citing authors like Evelyn Anthony, Taylor Caldwell, and Tennessee Williams as influences.
- Brown moved out of her house into a dedicated office space to be taken more seriously as a writer and to minimize distractions.
- She has a small staff to handle everything except writing the books, allowing her to focus solely on the manuscript.
- Brown confesses to binge-watching TV series, comparing it to the excitement of turning pages in a book.
- Her love of reading was nurtured by her mother’s passion for books and her father’s writing career.
- Ideas for novels come to her unexpectedly – from lyrics or conversations. She sees herself as an “excavator” finding stories.
- Developing an idea into a full story is like unlocking a combination – she experiences an “aha” moment.
- She stresses that successful writing is hard work, not just daydreaming or waiting for inspiration.
- Brown emphasizes the importance of backing up her writing diligently.
- She encourages aspiring writers to keep watching author interviews to gain more insights.