Margot Robbie is an acclaimed Australian actress and producer who has risen to fame in Hollywood over the last decade. Born in Queensland in 1990, Robbie began her career in indie films and TV before landing her breakthrough role in The Wolf of Wall Street (2013). She went on to star as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad (2016) and I, Tonya (2017), earning her two Oscar nominations.
She grew up on a farm with her single mother and siblings before moving to Melbourne to pursue acting. Robbie is now known for playing bold, complex women in films like “Once Upon a Time” in Hollywood. She is also famous for her role in the film “Barbie.”
|Real Name||Margot Robbie|
|Profession||Actress and Producer|
|Date of Birth||2 July 1990|
|Age (as in 2023)||32 years|
|Birthplace||Dalby, Queensland, Australia|
|School||Circus School, Queensland|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Reading|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5'6"
|Weight||in kilograms- 57 kg
in pounds- 126 lbs
|Chest Size||34 inches|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
|Hips Size||35 inches|
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Husband||Tom Ackerley (British Director)
|Parents||Father- Doug Robbie [former farm owner]
Mother- Sarie Kessler [a physiotherapist]
|Siblings||Brothers- Cameron Robbie, Lachlan Robbie
Sister- Anya Robbie
|Favourite/Likes & Dislikes|
|Favorite Actress||Scarlet Johansson|
|Favorite Actor||Ryan Gosling|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$26 million|
Made acting debut in a guest role on the TV drama “City Homicide”
Appeared in two episodes of the children’s series “The Elephant Princess.”
Made feature film debut in “About Time” starring Rachel McAdams
Appeared in four films, including the romantic comedy “Focus”
Played war correspondent in “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” with Tina Fey.
Starred as Jane Porter in the adventure film “The Legend of Tarzan”
Co-starred with Domhnall Gleeson in the biopic “Goodbye Christopher Robin” about Winnie the Pooh creator
Starred in crime thriller “Dreamland”.
Played composite Fox News employee in the drama “Bombshell” and served as producer
Played the role of ‘Harley Quinn’ in the movie, “Birds of Prey”.
Acted in the film “Promising Young Woman”.
Acted as The Narrator in the 3D Adventure comedy film “Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway”.
“The Suicide Squad” as ‘Harley Quinn’.
Stared as ‘Valerie Voze’ in the mystery comedy thriller “Amsterdam”.
Played the role of ‘Nellie LaRoy’ in the American epic period black comedy-drama “Babylon”.
Played the role of wife/actress in the American comedy-drama film “Asteroid City”.
Acted as the lead role of ‘Barbie’ in the American fantasy comedy film “Barbie”.
Interesting Facts about Margot Robbie
- Her favorite Australian getaway is Tasmania, specifically the Museum of Old and New Art in Hobart. She recommends visiting MONA if you only have 24 hours in Tasmania.
- Robbie prefers playing characters she can personally relate to rather than exaggerating for the screen. This makes her acting feel more natural.
- Producing is a passion of hers, but she didn’t anticipate how much paperwork comes with the job!
- After establishing herself as an actress and producer, she has aspirations to direct in the future.
- Robbie’s least favorite food is taramosalata, a Greek dip made from cured fish roe. She is not a fan of the taste or texture!
- Like a true Aussie, she wears sunscreen every single day as part of her beauty routine.
- Robbie loves visiting New York City and was excited to experience American pop culture in real life, like red solo cups.
- Robbie reveals she used to be a goth who loved heavy metal music. She still enjoys metal and once attended a Slipknot concert.
- Robbie initially lied to her parents about her n*de scene, saying her head was CGI’d onto someone else’s body.
- Robbie refers to herself as a “nerd” in Harry Potter, and her husband was an extra in the Harry Potter films.
Facts Sources: YouTube Interviews