Born on September 25, 1960, Kristin Hannah is a very popular female American writer. She has written a number of well-known books to date, such as “Winter Garden”, “The Nightingale”, “Firefly Lane”, “The Great Alone”, and “The Four Winds”.
Learn more about her Career, Biography, Personal Life, Income, Books, Family, and much more information below, so let’s start reading.
|Real Name||Kristin Hannah|
|Profession||Writer, Lawyer, Novelist|
|Date of Birth||25 September 1960|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Garden Grove, California|
|Hometown||Garden Grove, California, The United States of America|
|College/University||The University of Washington, The University of Puget Sound|
|Educational Qualification||* Degree in Communication from the University of Washington
* Law degree from the University of Puget Sound
|Debut Novel||A Handful of Heaven |
|Award(s)||* RITA award for best novel in 2004
* Audie Award for Fiction
* Goodreads Choice Award
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5' 8"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 72 kg
in pounds- 158 lbs
|Relationships & Affairs|
Mother- Sharon John
|Net Worth [approx.]||$1.5 million|
Early life and Family
Kristin was born on September 25, 1960, in Southern California. Like most kids who grow up on the beach, she spent her early years building sand castles and playing in the waves. Hannah’s family moved to western Washington when she was eight years old.
They later settled here and called it their home. Kristin worked for an advertising agency for some time. However, this job did not appeal to her and she decided to study law. However, her mother believed that she was born to be a writer.
When Kristin was in her senior year of law school, her mother was diagnosed with cancer. She then confessed her premonition to Hannah.
Although shocked, Kristin joined her mother and came up with the idea of writing a novel. However, after the death of her mother, Hannah gave up the idea and continued her studies. She began practicing law and decided to get married.
Kristin Hannah got a degree in Communication from the University of Washington after finishing high school. Later, she moved to Seattle and worked in an advertising agency but she didn’t like the job. So, she decided to start practicing law at the University of Puget Sound. But then she ended up being a writer and novelist.
Kristin Hannah’s Career
Kristin was advised to rest in bed when she got pregnant. During this time, she read every book that she could find. It was then that her husband advised her to continue the novel she had started with her mother.
She accepted the idea and returned to complete the novel. She had finished the first draft of her novel when her son was born. She had also found a new passion for writing. Although she initially faced some rejections, her first novel was approved in 1990.
The success of this novel encouraged her to become a full-time writer. Her well-known novels are Firefly Lane, Winter Garden, True Colors, Home Again, Waiting for the Moon, A Handful of Heaven, Angel Falls, Distant Shores, Between Sisters, Magic Hour, On Mystic Lake, The Things We Do for Love, Once in Any life and the home front.
- A Handful of Heaven (July 1991)
- The Enchantment (June 1992)
- Once in Every Life (December 1992)
- If You Believe (December 1993)
- When Lightning Strikes (October 1994)
- Waiting for the Moon (September 1995)
- Home Again (October 1996)
- On Mystic Lake (February 1999)
- Angel Falls (April 2000)
- Summer Island (March 2001)
- Distant Shores (July 2002)
- Between Sisters (April 2003)
- The Things We Do for Love (June 2004)
- Comfort and Joy (October 2005)
- Magic Hour (February 2006)
- Firefly Lane (2008)
- True Colors (2009)
- Winter Garden (2010)
- Night Road (March 2011)
- Home Front (2012)
- Fly Away (2013)
- The Nightingale (2015)
- The Great Alone (2018)
- The Four Winds (2021)
Relationship, Husband & Children
Kristin got married while she was practicing law to Benjamin Hannah. Then, she got pregnant and halted her career for a while. Later, she continued writing her novel which she started with her mother and finished her first novel after giving birth to her son.
Kristin is 5 feet 8 inches tall. She weighs 72 kg, which is about 158 lbs. She has blonde hair and grey eyes. Her skin color is white. If you look at her photos online, you will realize that she looks beautiful and has a charming personality.
Kristin Hannah has generated most of her wealth from selling novels and books. Her net worth in 2022 is unknown but it was revealed to be $1.5 million back in 2019.
Interesting facts about Kristin Hannah
- Kristin dreamed of being a ballerina in her childhood and not an author. She started her work career in an advertising agency and then she started practicing law. Then, her mother was hospitalized due to breast cancer and her mother thought she could be a great writer so she started writing a novel.
- Kristin Hannah’s first book was never published because she thought it was terrible. However, that book helped her in bonding with her mother and gave her a new passion for writing.
- Her first published novel “A Handful of Heaven” was written when she was pregnant as a way to stay busy. After giving birth to her son she wanted to stay home with him for his early years and writing could allow that. So, that’s why she started writing.
- Her novel “Firefly Lane” has a Netflix adaptation.
- Kristin confessed that her novel “Nightingale” was mostly a work of fiction but the inspiration came from a real story of a girl named Andrée De Jongh. Later, the novel was adapted into a film.
- Her latest novel “The Four Winds” became the best-selling novel in 2021.
Read More: Tammi Menendez | Sue Taylor Grafton | Gillian Flynn | Sarah Dessen
Linda Brown is the Author & Editor of this Blog. She is a fashion designer, a Dog lover, and a proud mother of two kids. Linda is a fan of Movies, TV Shows, Theaters, and Books by almost every author. Her Favourite hobby is listening to retro and suspense stories. Read more about her >>