Jane Richmond Hyslop, professionally known as Jane Child, is a 54-year-old singer and songwriter from Canada. The famous record producer got the musical genes from her father, a noted Canadian classical musician, Ricky Hyslop.
Ricky is a renowned Canadian violinist, conductor, composer, and arranger. The rock and pop artist is also a famous fashion icon among generations.
She done an unusual fashion style, and her quirky hairstyle made of spikes and ankle-length braids attract a lot of attention.
She also enjoys piercings and has them on her nose and chin. Many pops and rock fans consider Jane Child the perfect pop idol. Learn more about her recent news, bio, boyfriend & more.
|Birth Name||Jane Richmond Hyslop|
|Nickname/Professional name||Jane Child|
|Date of birth||15th February 1967|
|Height||in feet inches: 5′ 4″|
in meters: 1.64 m
in centimeters: 164 cm
|Weight||in kilograms: 50 kgs|
in pounds: 110 lbs
|Debut||Jane Child Album (1989)|
Being born to a musician father, Ricky Hyslop, Jane Richmond Hyslop inherited her father’s musical interests and grew up in a mixed classical and pop culture.
That influence is seen in her freestyle music. Jane joined the Canadian Opera Company’s children’s chorus in her youth. She did several musical jobs as an organ player in churches, piano bars, and commercial jingles.
She also joined a touring band and played as a synthesizer and singer in the shows. Jane Child first relocated to New York and then to Los Angeles, where she signed with a label to cut a demo tape.
But Jane was adamant about producing her music. After much struggle, she left the label and settled with Warner Bros. on her terms. Her debut album “Jane Child” earned her the title of “the female Prince.”
|1989||Jane Child Welcome to the World|
|1990||Don’t wanna fall in love|
|1993||Here not there, Do Whatcha Do, Perfect love|
|1994||All I do|
|2001||World lullaby Almost Beautiful|
Relationships and Affairs
|Net Worth (approx.)||$23 million dollars|
Interesting Facts about Jane Child
- Jane Richmond Hyslop is a classically trained pianist. She got the training from her father, Ricky Hyslop, in her youth.
- Jane dropped out of school to join a touring band when she was 15 years old. She worked in the band as a synthesizer and singer.
- Jane Child shared a close bond with her father, Ricky. The Canadian classical musician passed away on June 2, 1998.
- Jane’s first album Jane Child was fully written and produced by Jane herself. Not only this, Jane performed all the vocals and the instruments in the album by herself.
- Jane Child rose to the spotlight with her super hit single “Don’t wanna fall in love”. The album ranked 2nd on the Billboard Hot 100 in the year 1990.
- Jane released her own label and called it Sugarwave. This happened after the commercial failure of her second album.
- Surprisingly, Jane Child has managed to keep her personal life away from the limelight. The Canadian singer and songwriter have never been in any controversial rumors.
- Unlike most celebrities, Jane has a private Instagram account. She doesn’t have any official Facebook accounts till now.
Read More: Erica Deutschman