Thiago Braz da Silva, popularly called “The Hero of Brazil,” is indeed a pole vaulting prodigy. Thiago owns the Olympic benchmark of 6.03 meters and is also the reigning Olympic gold medallist. Thiago also won the South American Championship in 2013. He achieved a new outdoor area best of 5.83 meters throughout the competition.
|Full Name||Thiago Braz da Silva|
|Date of Birth||16 December, 1993|
|Age (as in 2021)||27 years|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Marília, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet inches- 6'0"
|Weight||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Black|
|Shoe size||8 (U.S.)|
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Wife||Ana Paula Oliveira|
|Parents||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
|Net Worth (approx.)||$10 million USD|
The great Brazilian athlete, however, won’t stop here. On February 12, 2016, in Berlin, Germany, Thiago broke the South American indoor record. Thiago was coached under Vitaly Petrov, a Ukrainian coach, throughout his career. Vitaly is considered the genius behind the careers of Yelena Isinbayeva and Sergey Bubka. From his early career to his professional career, We will discuss Thiago’s career in this section. In addition, we’ll talk about his personal life and family.
Childhood, Family, and Education
Thiago Braz was born in Marlia, So Paulo, Brazil, on December 16, 1993.
Thiago hasn’t revealed much about his early upbringing, which is unfortunate. Like his parents’ names, occupations, and information regarding his siblings.
What we do know is now that Thiago’s mom betrayed him when he was a little kid. Furthermore, his grandparents took over and reared him after that.
Braz’s grandfather and grandmother were his major influences as he grew up. As a reason, his grandparents were responsible for the majority of his attributes and teachings.
Going fishing with his grandparents was also one of his favorite childhood pastimes. According to Thiago, the activity was therapeutic and relaxing.
As a result, he pays visits to his grandparents frequently and goes fishing within the local lake.
Thiago also attempted a route inside a basketball before making his pole vault debut. Shortly afterward, he admitted to his lack of skill at the game of Basketball.
As a result, Thiago turned to athletics under the supervision of his uncle, Fabiano Braz.
Girlfriend, Wife, Relationship
Thiago has been happily married to his lovely wife Ana Paula Oliveira since 2014, for those who don’t know. They have been married for the past seven years.
When he was only 20 years old, the athlete wedded. Furthermore, the lovely couple met in a sporting area.
Ana, like her husband, is an athlete who competes in high jump competitions for Brazil. Unlike Thiago, though, she was unable to acquire a ranking for Rio 2016.
In contrast, at the time of his marriage, the athlete was ranked #9 in the world of pole vaulting.
The outstanding athlete is now 27 years old. Thiago has accomplished incredible things at such an early age. His physical characteristics, in addition to his mental strength, contributed a significant role in his achievement.
Similarly, Thiago is approximately 6 feet tall and weighs roughly 75 kilograms. Thiago has also been sticking to a rigid diet and fitness schedule to keep his body in shape. Similarly, he is getting ready for upcoming activities.
Braz has been Pole Vaulting since he was thirteen years old. Thiago was brought back to athletics at 14 after such a brief period with his high school basketball team.
Alexsandro Ramos, according to Thiago Braz, was his initial trainer. Thiago was also requested to train in Bragança Paulista soon after. Throughout seven months, he was a teacher at the appropriate facility. Thiago also competed at the age of 15, with a PB of 4.60m. He understands that he needs to improve his technique.
After settling in, the pair set their sights on competing in Singapore’s 2010 Youth Olympic Games. They expected the event to provide them with practical knowledge.
Thiago also broke the Brazilian youth record until departing Singapore (5.10m). Furthermore, the collaboration between Vitali Petrov and de Souza elevated Thiago’s abilities to new heights.
Fear, fright, and Injuries
At a European competition, Thiago received an injury to his left wrist. He was in so much pain after falling off the mattress as he needed surgery.
Moreover, it took Thiago considerable time to heal from his injury and regain his morale. Furthermore, he recalls that it required a great deal of treatment on both his physical and psychological components.
Thiago also claims to have felt the strain and felt compelled to conquer it. As a result, he will need to put in many psychological attempts to motivate himself for the Olympics.
- Thiago had earned Brazil’s first men’s gold medal since 1984 in the 2016 Olympics.
- Moreover, after his victory, the stadium was flooded with shouts and celebrations from tens of thousands of fans. Thiago also had to vault 6.03m to earn the gold medal.
- His new personal record was 10cm higher than his previous record. It was also 6cm longer than his previous best, which he established during the London 2012 Olympic games.
- Thiago also increased the pressure on Lavillenie during the contest, attempting the 6.03m.
- The event is currently being broadcast live across the country. In contrast, every family was tuned in to watch the pole vault competition.
- As a result, Thiago had to show himself in his second attempt, which turned out to be his finest vault yet. Moreover, Lavillenie had already lost two of his attempts and was down to his final shot.
- Furthermore, as the spectators began to criticize him at the side of the runway, his morale was gone.
- No one in the history of the pole vault sport in South America has ever jumped greater than Thiago.
- In addition, he holds an open track record of 5.93m. In indoor events, on the other hand, his vest mark is 5.92m.
- Thiago’s reputation and attention have grown as a result of these achievements.
- Thiago was selected Athlete of the Year in Athletics by the Brazilian Olympic Committee in 2016 for his outstanding athletic ability.
- In addition, the Brazilian Ministry of Defense awarded him the Military Sports Merit Medal.
- In Tokyo 2020 summer Olympic he won Bronze.
The well-known coach
Since 2014, Thiago Braz has been residing in Formia, Italy. He has indeed been receiving coaching at Vitaly Petrov’s well-equipped training facilities. Furthermore, the Brazilian Olympic Committee facilitates Thiago’s training investment (COB).
After his recent triumph, the Ukrainian coach has become a European hotshot. He is also attributed to Thiago Braz’s advancement and growth.
Thiago’s income is derived mainly from his professional athletic career. He also earns money by competing in a variety of activities all over the world.
His net worth is believed to be $10 million. Braz has also only recently started his professional life and is well on his way to making a lot. Similarly, he has several years left to establish himself and generate considerably more money in the years ahead.
Presence on social media
The Olympic champion is also well-known on social media. Braz has an Instagram account with the handle @thiagobrazpv. The athlete also has over 287k followers on the social media network.
Thiago, on the other hand, has a sizable fan base on Twitter. He also has over 39k followers on Twitter with the handle @ThiagoBrazPV.
Interesting Facts about Thiago Braz
- With a distance of 6.03 meters, she holds the Olympic record.
- At the 2010 Summer Youth Olympics in Singapore, she won a silver medal.
- At the 2012 World Junior Championships in Barcelona, she won one gold medal.
- In 2016, he won one gold Olympic medal.
- In Baku, Azerbaijan, on June 24, 2015, he set a new world record of 5.92 meters.
- With such a new outdoor area record of 5.83 meters in 2013, he became the South American champion in 2013.
- In 2020 Tokyo Olympic he won Bronze as he finished on no 3.
- He Is a pole vaulter who specializes in sports events.