Born to a Hindu Family in Rohtak, Haryana, India on 03 September 1992 Sakshi Malik is an Indian Freestyle Wrestler. In 2016, at Summer Olympics she won the Bronze Medal in the 58kg category and she becomes the first Indian Female Wrestler to win a Medal in Olympic. After that, she won so many titles and Medals.
Sakshi Malik belongs to a Hindu family in Haryana, she is Jat in caste. Her father’s name is Sukhbir Malik and her Mother is Sudesh Malik. Sachin Malik is her brother.
Sakshi Malik is currently Married. She is married to Satyawart Kadian who is also a Wrestler.
Interesting Facts about Sakshi Malik
- Sakshi Malik is the first Indian female wrestler to win a Medal in Olympic.
- She won Bronze Medal in the 2016 summer Olympics in the 58kg category.
- At the age of 12 years, she started her Wrestling Training.
- The name of her Coach’s name is Ishwar Dahiya.
- She won the Best Wrestler Awards of the Year in 2017 at TOISA.
- She also won the Rajib Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- Also Read: Ritu Phogat