Ritu Phogat is a famous Indian female wrestler from Balali, Haryana, India. Ritu Phogat won the gold medal in the 2016 Commonwealth Wrestling Championship and becomes Famous for her great talent in Wrestling. A film called “Dangal” is made over her family life. Check below for more details about Ritu Phogat.
Ritu Phogat was born on 02 May 1994 in Balali, Haryana, India. She was brought up into a Punjabi Jatt family. At the age of 8, she started her wrestling training from her father. Her father guided her as he already guided her 2 other elder sisters.
Ritu has 2 elder sisters Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari who have also won the gold medals in Wrestling (Geeta and Babita both won the gold medals in Commonwealth Wrestling Games). Now Ritu Phogat is dreaming to win an Olympic gold medal for India.
Family, Caste, Boyfriend or Husband, Affair & More
Ritu Phogat belongs to a Punjabi Jatt family in Balali, Haryana. Her birthplace is in Balali, Haryana and the caste are Jat. Her father’s name is Mahavir Singh Phogat who is a wrestling coach. Her mother’s name is Shobha Kaur who is a Housewife.
She has a brother, his name is Dushyant Phogat. She also has two sisters Geeta Phogat and Babita Phogat both are wrestlers.
There is no information about her Relationship or Affairs.
After completing her tenth grade she dropped out of school because she wanted to focus on her wrestling career. She had a dream to win a gold medal in Wrestling as both of her sisters done this before. Her dream come true in the year 2011 when she won the gold medal in Junior Asia Championship.
In the same year (2011) she has also won Cadet Asia Championship Gold Medal and Cadet World Championship Bronze medal.
After that in 2014, she won the Junior Asian Championship Bronze Medal and Junior World Wrestling Championship Silver medal. In 2016 she won Commonwealth Wrestling Gold Medal and in 2017 she won World U-23 Wrestling Championships Silver Medal.
Interesting Facts about Ritu Phogat
- Ritu Phogat is a famous Female Gold Medalist wrestler from Balali, Haryana, India.
- Ritu is the daughter of Mahavir Singh Phogat who is a senior wrestling Coach.
- At the age of 8 years, she started her wrestling training from her father.
- She found her dream in Wrestling. But in the initial days, it was really tough for her but her great interest and her dream make it easy.
- In 2014 Ritu made her International debut at FILA Junior World Championship.
- Ritu won her first Gold Medal in 2011 from Junior Asia Championship.
- She won her 2nd Gold medal in 2016 at Commonwealth Wrestling Championship in Singapore.
- In the 2016 pro wrestling auction, she became the most expensive female wrestler.
- In that auction of pro wrestling league 2016, she received 36 Lakh from Jaipur Ninjas Franchise.
- Ritu Phogat also loves Cooking, Reading, and Workout & Meditation.
- Also Read: Sakshi Malik (Wrestler)