Ranu Mandal (Ranu Mondol) is a Viral Singer from Kolkata, West Bengal. She became very famous and viral for her great voice. People are comparing her with Lata Mangeshkar as she has a great singing voice. The great Bollywood Singer Himesh Reshammiya gave her a chance to sing some songs in her movie Happy Hardy and Heer.
Ranu Mandal was born in Krishnanagar, West Bengal. When she was young she lost her parents so she has to live with her Aunt in Ranaghat, West Bengal. At the age of 19, she got married to her neighbor Bablu Mondol. After that, She went to Mumbai with her husband to find a job.
Here she did so many Odd jobs. She also Sung in Many Clubs of Mumbai. As soon as her husband died she has to come back Kolkata again & started singing at Ranaghat Railway Station.
But finally, the door of her luck has opened and one of her singing video gets viral all over the Media because of a 26 years old engineer Atindra Chakraborty. Finally, she became really famous in India. She Surprised everyone when she performed on Sony TV at the show “Superstar Singer“.
After that, through the help of Famous Singer Himesh Reshammiya, she got the chance to debut as a Bollywood Singer in the Song “Teri Meri Kahani” from “Happy Hardy and Heer” Movie.
Family, Husband, Daughter & More
Ranu Mandal’s Parents passed away when she was so young. Her father name Late Aditya Kumar but her mother’s name is not known also there is not much information is available about her others relatives.
When she was 19 years old she got married to Bablu Mondol but after her Husband’s death again she got married but her 2nd husband’s name is not known. Ranu has two sons and two daughters, one son & daughter from her 1st husband and next son & daughter from her 2nd husband.
Although there are not many details is available about them. But one of her daughter’s name is Elizabeth Sathi Roy who wasn’t with her mother but she came to meet with her mother after her mother became famous.
Interesting Facts about Ranu Mandol
- Ranu Mandol is an Indian Viral Singer from Ranaghat, Kolkata.
- Ranu Mandal was born into a poor family & her parents had passed away as she was young.
- After her parent’s death, she grew up in her aunt’s house in Ranaghat, Kolkata.
- She had a great interest in music from her childhood, she used to listen ‘Lata Mangeshkar’, ‘Kishore Kumar‘ Songs and also practice to sing those songs.
- At the age of 19, She got married to Bablu Mondol. Then she went to Mumbai with her husband to find jobs and did so many odd jobs there.
- She was quite famous in Mumbai as she was used to singing songs in many music clubs in Mumbai.
- She got the name “Ranu Bobby” in Mumbai because of Singing.
- After her husband’s death, she came back to Ranaghat, Kolkata, and started to sing at Ranaghat Railway station.
- At this stage of her life she was very depressed but in 2019, July month an Engineer Boy Atindra Chakraborty saw her singing a Lata Mangeskar’s Song “Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma” in Ranaghat Railway Station then he record & upload her video on social media. This Video gets Viral on Social Media and then Tv.
- After Her Viral Video, she became quite famous & getting many offers for singing.
- Ranu was invited on Sony TV to give a Guest Performance on the Music Reality Show “Superstar Singer.” Here She sang that viral song “Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma” and wins everyone’s heart. Here the great Bollywood Singer Himesh Reshammiya gets impressed by her and promised to give her a chance to sing a song for him.
- With the help of Himesh Reshammiya, she made her Bollywood Singing Debut with the song “Teri Meri Kahani” from Himesh’s Movie ‘Happy Hardy and Heer.’
- One of her daughter’s names is Elizabeth Sathi Roy who came to meet with her mother after her mother became famous.
- In West Bengal 2019 Ranu Mandal was invited by so many Durga Puja committees for their Puja Opening. She also records one Durga Puja Song.
- Ranu Mandal also Received a Saregama Carvaan from Saregama Brand as a Special gift.