Rachana Banerjee is an Indian model, actress, and anchor. She was born on 2nd October 1974 (age 46 years as in 2020) in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. She is best known for her acting in Bengali movies. Rachana started her career with the Bengali film ‘Daan Protidan‘ in 1994. She also worked in Bollywood film and her 1st Bollywood film name is ‘Sooryavansham‘.
|Real Name||Jhumjhum Banerjee|
|Profession||Actress, Anchor, Model|
|Date of Birth||2 October, 1974|
|Age (as in 2020)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5'4"
|Weight||in kilograms- 55 kg|
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Debut||Movie: Daan Protidan (1994)|
TV: Didi No.1
|Awards & Achievements||N/A|
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Husband Name||Probal Basu|
|Ex-Husband Name||Siddhanta Mahapatra|
|Childrens||Son: Pronil Basu|
|Favourite Things or Like/Dislike|
|Favourite Food||Tometo Soup, Brinjal, Chips, Chocolate|
|Favourite Actors||Prosenjit Chatterjee|
|Favourite Actresses||Rani Mukherjee|
|Favourite Tv Show||Indian Idol, Comedy Circus|
|Favourite Colour||Black, Green, Blue, Red, Yellow|
|Favourite Cricketer||Kapil Dev|
Rachana Banerjee is an Indian actress, model and she is also a famous anchor. Her real name is Jhumjhum Banerjee. Her birth date is 2nd October 1974. She is a famous Bengali actress. In 1994 Rachana winning the Beauty Contest and after that she made her Bengali movie debut with the film ‘Daan Protidan’. Rachana Banerjee also worked in Telugu, Kannada, Odia, and Tamil movies.
Family, Cast, Boyfriend, Education, Affairs & More
Rachna Banerjee is a famous model, actress, and anchor who was born on 2nd October 1974. She belongs to a Bengali Brahman family.
There is no information about her family members.
She has a graduate degree but there is no other information about her school or college name.
Her husband’s name is Probal Basu, and her son’s name is Pronil Basu.
Rachana’s ex-husband’s name is Siddhanta.
In 1994 Rachana won Miss Kolkata Beauty Contest. After won this contest she made her Bengali movie debut, And her debut film name is “Daan Protidan” (1994). She was the winner of so many Beauty Contest.
Rachana made her acting debut in 1993 with the Bengali film ‘Duranta Prem’. Rachna also hosted a reality show name ‘Didi No.1’. Some of her Bengali movies are Dan Pratidan, Tapasya, Duranta Prem, Mohini, Amodini, Danab, Putuler Protisodh, and more.
Rachna Banerjee is also a popular Odia actress and some famous Odia movies are, Pathara Khasuchi Bada Deulu, Sagar Ganga, Jashoda, Suhaga Sindura, Ganga Janina, Pardesi Babu, and more. She is also known for her Tamil, Kannada, and Telegu films. Some of her Tamil, Kannada, and Telegu films are, Poovarasan (Tamil), Tata Birla (Tamil), Vaimaye Vellum (Tamil).
Baavagaru Bagunnaraa (Telugu), Kanyadanam (Telegu), Sultan (Telugu), Maavidakulu (Telegu), Athanu (Telugu). Preethsu Thappenilla (Kannada), Usire (Kannada).
Interesting Facts about Rachana Banerjee
- Rachana Banerjee is a famous actress, model, and also a famous anchor.
- She is a Bengali actress but she is also popular in Odia, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada movies.
- In 1994 Rachana Banerjee was the winner of ‘Miss Kolkata’.
- Her real name is Jhumjhum Banerjee. Director Sukhen Das gave him a name which was Rachana Banerjee and now she is famous with this name.
- With the movie Pathara Khasuchi Bada Rachana made her Odia film debut in 1994.
- At the beauty contest of ‘Miss India Contest’, she won the title of ‘Miss Beautiful Smile’.
- Rachana worked with popular Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee in 35 Bengali movies.
- After divorced Siddhanta Mahapatra Rachana left the Odia film industry in 2004.
- In 2007 Rachana got married to Probal Basu, and now they have a son named, Pronil Basu.