Mercy Aigbe is a famous Nigerian actress, director, and businesswoman. She is popularly known for “The Screenplay” (2017), “Little Drops of Happy” (2017), and “The Reunion” (2019). She is also widely known for her Yoruba indigenous films. Mercy was born on 1st January 1978 (age 42 years as of 2020) in Edo State, Nigeria.
She worked in many more movies like “Afefe Ife” in 2008, “Okanjua” in 2008, “Mafisere” in 2009, “Oju Ife” in 2009, “Victims” in 2015, and more. Keep reading this post to know more about her wiki, height, weight, personal life, family, boyfriend, and more.
|Real Name||Mercy Aigbe|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Producer, Director, and Businesswoman|
|Date of Birth||1 January, 1978|
|Age (as in 2020)||42 years|
|Birthplace||Edo State, Nigeria|
|School||Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School Ikeja, Lagos|
|Collage/University||University of Lagos|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- N/A
in meters- N/A
in feet inches- N/A
|Weight||in kilograms- N/A
in pounds- N/A
|Debut||Movie: Afefe Ife (2008)|
|Awards & Achievements||• The best actress awards in Yoruba at the City People Awards held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State
• Best actress awards in a supporting role in 2010
• City People Entertainment Yoruba Movie Personality of the Year in 2015
• Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year and Glitz World Awards in 2015
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Husband Name||Lanre Gentry
|Childrens||Juwon Gentry, Michelle Aigbe, and three stepdaughters|
|Parents||Father- Pa Aigbe
Mother- Abisola Grace Owodunni
|Favourite Things or Like/Dislike|
|Net Worth||$1 million dollars|
Interesting Facts about Mercy Aigbe
- Mercy Aigbe was born in Benin City which is the capital of Edo State.
- She completed her schooling at Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School Ikeja, Lagos.
- She earned her OND in Financial Studies from The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State.
- Mercy received a degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Lagos in 2001. After that, she started acting in 2006.
- She worked in “Okanjua” in 2008, directed by Lasun Ray-Eyiwumi. In 2009 she worked in another movie “Oju ife”, which is a crime drama movie, directed by Chizoba Boye.
- In the same year, she also worked in some more movies like, “Mafisere”, “Iro Funfun”, “Ihamo”, “Igberaga”, and more.
- In 2017 she worked in ta movie ” The Screenplay”, which is a thriller movie, directed by Emmanuel Mang Eme, written by Francis Udom, and the released date was 2 February 2017. In the same year, she worked in another movie “Little Drops of Happy”, where she acted as Yetunde, directed by Grace Edwin Okon.
- She worked in the movie “Heaven On My Mind” in 2018, where she acted as Bola Peters, directed by Uche Jombo, written by Ojor Nneka, Uche Jombo, and the released date was 7 December 2018.
- In 2019 she worked in the movie “The Reunion”, directed by Thomas Odia, and the released date was 16 August 2019. Mercy also worked in a popular show “Omo Ghetto: The Saga”, directed by Funke Akindele, Jjc Skillz.
- Mercy achieved many awards in her career,
- She won the best actress awards in Yoruba at the City People Awards held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
- *Best actress awards in a supporting role in 2010.
- *City People Entertainment Yoruba Movie Personality of the Year in 2015.
- *Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year and Glitz World Awards in 2015.
- Mercy married Lanre Gentry in 2013, who is a Nigerian hotelier and has two children name Juwon Gentry and Michelle Aigbe.
- She is also popularly known for her dressing and unique style. In 2014 she launched her clothing store Mag Divas Boutique in Lagos, after that, she launched another store in Ibadan.