Dagen McDowell is a famous financial journalist, commentator, and television personality. She became a popular panelist through her incisive analysis and commentary on financial markets and economic policies. She is a familiar face to millions of viewers through her appearances on Fox Business Network shows like “Mornings With Maria” and “Imus in the Morning.”
- Name– Dagen McDowell
- Birth Name– Mary Dagen McDowell
- Birth Date– 7 January 1969
- Age – 54 Years as of 2023
- Hometown– Campbell County, Virginia, USA
- Nationality– American
- Height– 5′ 8″ (1.72 m)
- Weight– 58 kg or 128 lbs
- Husband: Jonas Max Ferris
- Net Worth [approx.]: $5 million
Early Life and Education
Dagen McDowell was born on 7 January 1969 in Virginia, USA. Her parents belong to an Irish background but were natives of Virginia. They attended the University of Virginia.
She has an elder brother who lives with her wife and daughter in Virginia. Dagen completed her schooling in Virginia. Later, she graduated in Art history from Wake Forest University in North Carolina.
McDowell began her career as a financial journalist for the publication Euromoney Institutional Investor. She was working for the periodical Institutional Investor magazine.
Before joining Fox News, Dagen worked for theStreet.com, where she used to manage and write for the finance column “Dear Degan.”
She first made a name for herself as a writer for financial publications, where she provided insightful analysis and commentary on markets and the economy.
Dagen began her Media career for Fox News. In 2003, she joined Fox Business Network (FBN), a division of Fox News, as a business correspondent. She quickly became a regular presence on the network, appearing as a guest on various shows. She covered some of the biggest news stories in finance and business.
Over the years, McDowell’s role at FBN expanded. She became a regular guest on several of the network’s popular shows, including “Varney & Co.” and “Cavuto on Business.”
In 2015, McDowell became the co-host of “Mornings with Maria,” a daily business news program hosted by Maria Bartiromo. The show has become one of the most-watched programs on FBN, with McDowell providing expert commentary and analysis on a range of financial topics. The show ran from 2015 until 2023.
In January 2023, Dagen became the permanent co-host of the show “The Bottom Line.” She is the co-host of the Show along with host Sean Duffy.
The career graph of Fox News looks like this,
|2003||Joined FOX NEWS||Show Anchor|
|2009||Your Questions, Your Money||Co-Host|
|2011-2015||Imus In the Morning||Panelist|
|2012-2017||Cavuto on Business||Co-Host|
|2013-2015||Cashin’ In||Weekly Panelist|
|2015-2023||Mornings with Maria||Co-Host|
|2016||Bulls and Bears||Co-Host|
|2021||America’s Newsroom||Financial Analyst|
|2023||The Bottom Line||Co-Host|
Apart from these shows, she also appeared in a number of other shows on Fox News. She is a regular contributor to Outnumbered, The Five, and Greg Gutfield.
Dagen Macdowell is currently married to financial analyst Jonas Max Ferris. They first met in the show Cashin’ In and married in the same year. Jonas is an Investor, analyst, and Fox News panelist. He is the co-host of the Fox News show “Bulls and Bears.”
Jonas Max Ferris is the second husband of Dagen Mcdowell though very little information is there about her first husband.
Dagen Mcdowell’s Net Worth
Dagen McDowell has a net worth of approximately $5 million. She has amassed this sum through her successful financial journalism and broadcasting career. She has a successful career as a commentator and interviewer spanning several decades.
Unknown Facts of Dagen Mcdowell
- Dagen is also a writer and producer. She has written for a few episodes of Stossel, Bulls, and Bears and produced for America’s Newsroom.
- Apart from her career as a Financial journalist and TV personality, she also worked as a dressing room attendant.
- Dagen McDowell used to sell beer from a cart on a golf course.
- She and her partner Max Ferris have adopted a chihuahua named Ramon.
- Used to write for the financial column “Dear Dagen.”
- She is a big fan of the American Football team Washington Redskins now Washington Commanders.
- From her childhood, she was attracted to the racing world. She loves NASCAR racing.
- She drove a Ford Bronco in her school and college days.
- From her early days, Dagen loved cars, especially racing cars. She drove a Ford F150 to her driving test just at the age of 16.
- Her favorite singers are Lyle Lovett, Levon Helm, Bonnie Raitt, and Led Zeppelin.
- Dagen McDowell has worked with Tv personality Tracy Byrnes on “thestreet.com.”
Similar Posts: Lisa Boothe | Emily Compagno
Linda Brown is the Author & Editor of this Blog. She is a fashion designer, a Dog lover, and a proud mother of two kids. Linda is a fan of Movies, TV Shows, Theaters, and Books by almost every author. Her Favourite hobby is listening to retro and suspense stories. Read more about her >>