Aryna Sabalenka (born Aryna Siarhiejena Sabalenka) is a Belarusian professional Tennis Player. She gained attention after she and Aliaksandra Sasnovich led the Belarus Fed Cup team to a runner-up position in 2017, despite both of them being rated below the top 75 at the time.
Sabalenka has three WTA titles to her name, winning the 2018 Wuhan Open in the Premier 5 category. Her career-best WTA position of No. 9 was attained in February 2019.
Sabalenka is a Minsk native. Despite her Fed Cup victory as a teenager, she was generally obscure and unrecognized as a junior. She began to have greater success on the WTA Tour after the 2017 Fed Cup, reaching four finals and winning eight top 10 matches in 2018.
Sabalenka’s game is quite aggressive, and she typically accumulates a lot of wins and unforced errors. She has a strong serve because of her stature. Elise Mertens has already defeated her.
|Real Name||Aryna Siarhiejena Sabalenka|
|Date of Birth||5 May 1998|
|Age [as of 2021]||23 Years|
|College/University||Belarusian State University|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet inches- 5'10"
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Awards & Achievements||• Australian Open Champion in doubles (2021)
• Qatar Open (2020)
• Won the doubles title of US Open (2019)
• Doubles titles of Indian Wells Open (2019)
• Miami Open (2019)
• 2019 WTA Elite Trophy
• 2018 and 2019 Wuhan Open
• 2018 WTA Newcomer of the Year
|Relationships & Affairs|
|Parents||Father- Sergey Sabalenka
|Siblings||Sister- Antonina Sabalenka [Younger]|
|Favourite/Likes & Dislikes|
|Favourite Movies||• Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988),
• Home Alone (1990),
• Titanic (1997),
• Never Back Down (2008),
• The Hustle (2019)
|Favourite Food||Desserts, Pancakes|
|Net Worth [approx.]||$1-5 million|
Sabalenka is enrolled in a sports-related program at Belarusian State University. Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova were her tennis inspirations when she was little.
Her abilities were showcased on the Belarus Fed Cup squad in 2017. Before that, she was not well-known in the tennis world and was rated in the top 75 at the time.
In 2018, she reached four finals, and her brilliant career began there, with eight triumphs in 10 matches. In 2019, she continued to thrive, winning three wins in China, including the WTA Elite title at the Wuhan Open because of her outstanding defense.
At the end of the 2018 and 2019 seasons, she was positioned No. 11 in singles and slowly developing in doubles. Sabalenka has a tiger tattoo on her left arm, earning her the moniker “The Tiger,” as she has epilepsy.
Sabalenka was born on May 5, 1998, in Minsk, Belarus, to a hockey player father, Sergey Sabalenka. In November of this year, he died away. Yuliya Sabalenka is her mother’s name.
Antonina Sabalenka, her younger sister, is her only sibling. Her faith is in Christianity.
She claims that she and her father went on a trip one day, and he discovered a tennis court along the road. He brings her to the tennis courts, where she falls in love with the game and begins to play.
The National Tennis Academy in Minsk opened in 2014, and she began her training there. She didn’t compete in any junior competitions, including U-14 and U-16, and she got off to a sluggish start on the ITF junior circuit.
- Aryna Sabalenka began her amateur career on the International Tennis Federation Junior Circuit. However, she did not compete in any ITF championships until 2013, and she never competed in junior Grand Slam championships. She had a career-high rating of just at the time.
- She succeeded at Grade 4 events after a year in 2014. In June, she even made it to the final of her maiden singles tournament, the Estonian Junior Open. In October, she won her first singles championship at the MTV Total Junior Cup in Finland.
- She partnered with Nika Shytkouskaya to defend her Alatan Tour Cup doubles championship. She only competed in one competition during her 2015 season, the European Junior Championship.
Representation at the National Level
- Aryna has also competed in the Junior Fed Cup in 2014, the Senior Fed Cup in April 2016, and the World Group in 2016.
- She would have been unable to repeat their Fed Cup victory from 2017 in 2018. She clinched the tie in the 2019 Fed Cup by winning both of her singles rubbers against Andrea Petkovic and Laura Siegemund.
- Aryna Sabalenka won her first professional match in Istanbul at the end of 2014, then her first two titles in Antalya in back-to-back weeks, both at the $10K level. She also won a $25K title, which propelled her into the leading 300 of the WTA ranking list for the very first occasion in 2016.
- She won five straight three-set matches, including three against top 20 rivals and her first top ten victories against reigning champion and world No. 7 Karolina Pliskova, but fell to world No. 2 Caroline Wozniacki in the final.
- At the Premier-level Connecticut Open, Aryna achieved her maiden WTA title with triumphs over world No. 9 Julia Gorges in the elimination round and Carla Suarez Navarro in the final.
- At the Wuhan Open, she clinched the singles championship and finished second to Mertens.
- Anton Dubrov is her current coach.
Aryna Sabalenka’s Records
- She won a total of 13 WTA singles and doubles titles.
- Out of ten matches in 2018, she won eight of them.
- He was rated No. 7 in singles and No. 2 in doubles in his WTA career-high rankings.
Relationship, Boyfriend, and Affairs
She has been seeing her boyfriend, Matvei Bozhko, for a number of years. Her boyfriend is a hockey player from Belarus.
She has a net worth of around 1 to 5 million dollars.